[TYPO3-dev] realURL: new patch for bypassing non-existant GETVARS

Chi Hoang chibox at gmail.com
Tue May 16 02:42:13 CEST 2006

Hello,

Chi Hoang schrieb:
> Andreas Förthner schrieb:
>> ok, that makes sense. Thanks, it would be nice if you could post any
>> experiences here...

I want to share some of my experience with realurl with you:

1.) Realurl makes extremly nice urls
2.) The GetVars-Patch is essential for the Office XP and Outlook Url Bug
(see Office XP modifies what you type: Peter Deegan in Woodyswatch,
http://catless.ncl.ac.uk/Risks/21.42.html)
3.) If you use the GetVars-Patch you must provide a value map, a lookup
table or a userFunc.
4.) If you use the getVars-Patch, don't use the same array key again in
a value map. This rule is for preVars and postVars.

I hope this will help you a bit. Needless to say that I would like see
the getVars-Patch in the next Realurl release. It's a good idea, Kasper!

Thank you for your attention,

Chi