[TYPO3-dev] Reserved keywords on fields and table names in the database

Ries van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Mon May 15 14:36:23 CEST 2006

Patrick Broens wrote:

>Already corrected. This was a fieldname that wasn't even in use.

Thanks patrick for corre ting this, You extension was just an example I
cam across.
Maby we can put in the coding quidelines that extension developers just
need to quote there keywords.

Like martin pointed out already correctly a quoteIdentifier function
would help a lot. I would say give it a array and let it do the quoting
for us.

$GLOBALS['TYPO3_DB']->quoteIdentifier(array('uid', 'pid', 'title), 'pages');
Which returns a quoted comma separated string depending on the used DB

$GLOBALS['TYPO3_DB']->quoteIdentifier(array('uid' => 'myuid', 'pid' => 'justpid', 'title), 'pages');
Which returns : uid AS myuid, pid AS justpid, title

The above would be easy for everybody to use and to update exisiting code aswell.
We can also directly assign a array to the fields variable and do the quoting IN the different DBAL functions.

Ries

>Patrick
>
>Ries van Twisk wrote:
>

>>Hey All,
>>

>>However, how can I be sure that the extensions works now? (I mailed
>>Patrick about this).

Ries van Twisk
Freelance Typo3 Developer
=== Private: