[TYPO3-dev] language label in language other than system language

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Mon May 15 09:44:54 CEST 2006

WK schrieb:
> Martin Kutschker wrote:
>
>> WK schrieb:
>>
>>> And talking of missing: I also missed a sql_err_no() in the database
>>> abstraction library t3lib_db...
>>
>> Makes no sense as the error code varies from DB to DB.
>>
>> Masi
>>
> Isn't that exactly what a db abstraction layer is for? It should define
> it's own set of error codes and map the db engine's error codes accordingly

I haven't used DBAL (or AdoDB/PEAR:DB), but Perl's DBI has no set of own
error codes. And I comparing DBs I have noticed that the error codes are
incompatible. Eg some DB might give you more detail (= more error codes)
for a specific situaion (eg "why failed the insert" statement) than others.

Is there any specific error you want to catch?

Masi