[TYPO3-dev] Reserved keywords on fields and table names in the database

Ries van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Sun May 14 01:03:08 CEST 2006

Hey All,

I am heaving slowly more and more problems with reserved keywords on
different databases and versions.

For example:

The word: sql is reserved for mysql 5.1.x, but properly not under 4.1.x.
A client of mine couldn't install pbsurvey on mysql version 5.1 (typo3
3.8.1) because one field has the name 'sql' in it.
I didn't had such a problem on mysql version 4.1.
However, how can I be sure that the extensions works now? (I mailed
Patrick about this).

A other example.

When trying to port my site to PostgreSQL I came across a lot of
reserved keywords know in PostgreSQL
which where not reserved in mysql. This makes porting and running Typo3
on other database systems other then MYSQL
a problem. But even moving over from 4.1 to 5.1 people might run into
problems.
I am currently modifying a mysql2pg perl script to automate this task.

I think we should start thinking about the feature and see if we can
come up with a solution for this.

--
Ries van Twisk
Freelance Typo3 Developer