[TYPO3-dev] EM, TER2, XML and other animals

Ries van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Thu May 11 01:02:16 CEST 2006

Chi Hoang wrote:

>Robert Markula schrieb:
>

>>it wouldn't be too heavy (load-wise) on the server side. Plus, it would
>>do away with the ugly need to update the extension list in EM manually
>>to get the latest extensions.
>>

>So what if you are offline? Or the Server is offline. But you need the
>information about a specific extension? Or just to watch that big list?

Why doesn't it fetch ALL extensions then?!?! If that is the 'big' issue?

That's the cool thing about a service. You always get up-to-date
information and a
service is almost always online.
I  have reading that you try to defend the 'get all in once' method but
in this case I think
it best to get query the server, and request the information needed.

Ries