[TYPO3-dev] Showing a little tree like tt_news does when adding records in the BE

Ingo Renner typo3 at ingo-renner.com
Wed May 10 22:37:05 CEST 2006

Am Wed, 10 May 2006 10:46:23 -0500 schrieb R. van Twisk:

Hi Ries,

> tt_news has this nice feature to show a little tree when adding
> tx_ttnews_tceFunc_selectTreeView
>
> Looking at this file it's a 560line file with a lot of 'magic' in
> there.
>
> So my questions is:
> - Does Typo3 have an API for this and do most of the magic?
It's actually a standard tree like used in the page tree but showing other
records than pages and with some different configuration. In addition to
that it is rendered with a white background and a black border...

> - If not, does anybody know a better simpeler extension that I can use
> as an example instead of digging through 560lines of code?

Have a look at EXT:addressgroups, I use that menu, too but have emoved some
magic I had no need for...

have fun
Ingo

--