[TYPO3-dev] Problem with core function addTempContentHttpHeaders and IE

Simon Tuck e-mailNO at SPAMeyejet.com
Fri May 5 11:30:32 CEST 2006

Hi List,
We've run into a problem with the headers sent by the function
addTempContentHttpHeaders in tslib_fe and internet explorer. The headers
sent include:
	header('HTTP/1.0 503 Service unavailable');
	header('Retry-after: 3600');
	header('Pragma: no-cache');
	header('Cache-control: no-cache');
	header('Expire: 0');
The problem is IE chokes on the 503 Service unavailable header, in our case
we are delivering dynamic content to a pdf. If we bypass the function
addTempContentHttpHeaders the server sends 200 and IE waits.
Clearly this is a problem with IE as it should wait awhile, although 3600
seems a long time to wait (are these seconds or milliseconds). I assume this
function has something to do with the 'page is being generated' message
(???), but I wonder if it's really necessary, seeing as it has the potential
to stop IE.
Cheers,
Simon