[TYPO3-dev] EM, TER2, XML and other animals

Franz Holzinger franz at fholzinger.com
Thu May 4 14:14:12 CEST 2006

> Actually I don't understand why we need to fetch the complete XML at all???
> What is wrong with sending a query to TER and fetch the result in XML.
>
> We just talk about 2000 records in a database (even if there where
> 20.000 records), that should be doable in a snap.
> I search for news, and I get a XML feed with all extensions with news in
> it (limited to let's say 200 extensions).
+1

There is another problem, that this large XML list has to be updated
every month when you want to see the latest version of an extension. And
the XML file will get larger every month.

Other solution:
Incremental updates which fetch only the changes and do this
automatically over night like e.g. SuSE updates with YAST2 or Mandriva
LINUX Online.

Greets,

Franz