[TYPO3-dev] EM, TER2, XML and other animals

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Thu May 4 13:21:56 CEST 2006

Chi Hoang schrieb:
> Martin Kutschker schrieb:
>
>> Now:
>>
>> TER transforms extension list into XML
>> TER sends XML (as zipped file)
>> Client parses XML into array (after unzipping)
>>
>> Future:
>>
>> TER transforms extsion list into array
>> TER sends serialized array (as zipped file)
>> Client unserializes array (after unzipping)
>>
>> No need to handle, parse or do anything client-wise. Just forget about
>> the XML. It's unnecessary overhead.
>
> You don't understand the problem. The array is too big to unserialize at
> once.

As far as I undertsood it's too big to parse with the XML parser. But if
it's so large that even unserialzing fails the more I'd think of another
mechanism to distribute the data.

But if nobody comes up with another idea, I'd use your version (with a few
comments why all of this splitting, etc happens)

The only request is that the code should use uinique temp. names. Neither
extensions.xml.gz nor extensions.bin are safe.

Masi