[TYPO3-dev] EM, TER2, XML and other animals

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Thu May 4 11:51:49 CEST 2006

Chi Hoang schrieb:
> Martin Kutschker schrieb:
>
>> What's the big advantage here? You do some coding stunt client-wise
>> that is hard to understand, when ther server could send easily without
>> any troubles at all a serialized and possibly gzipped array.
>

> And how do you want to parse the serialized and gzipped array in chunks?

Not at all. I simply want to fetch the array as such.

Now:

TER transforms extension list into XML
TER sends XML (as zipped file)
Client parses XML into array (after unzipping)

Future:

TER transforms extsion list into array
TER sends serialized array (as zipped file)
Client unserializes array (after unzipping)

No need to handle, parse or do anything client-wise. Just forget about the
XML. It's unnecessary overhead.

Masi