[TYPO3-dev] EM, TER2, XML and other animals

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Thu May 4 09:52:12 CEST 2006

Chi Hoang schrieb:
> Martin Kutschker schrieb:
>  > It is bad, because it has been shown that processing (parsing) large xml
>
>> files consumes much memory.
>
> No. You are wrong. You can parse XML on-the-fly. And stream it
> on-the-fly to a file. That's what I did with my EM. It run's now in 25
> Mb hosting.

But you don't parse the whole file with the XML parser! You do the first
half of the parsing on your own and passing only chunks of XML data to the
XML parser.

What's the big advantage here? You do some coding stunt client-wise that is
hard to understand, when ther server could send easily without any troubles
at all a serialized and possibly gzipped array.

Masi