[TYPO3-dev] forceCharset = windows-1251 - do you plan to support this in Core?

Stanislas Rolland stanislas.rolland at fructifor.ca
Tue May 2 17:01:35 CEST 2006

Martin Kutschker a écrit :
> Dmitry Dulepov schrieb:
>>
>> It can but if database content is in UTF-8, it is useless. And current
>> typo3's version of phpMyAdmin does not support utf-8.
>
> This is a problem which IMHO can be solved. That is, if somebody is
> willing  to upgrade the extension.

Although, I am not sure that it solves the issue discussed here, I did
attach a patch to bugtracker issue
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=1039 so that the extension would honor
the BE forceCharset setting, at least when displaying information (but I
think some phpMyAdmin language files were removed from the extension,
don't know why). I tried to send this feedback to the extension owner,
but without any luck...

Stanislas