[TYPO3-dev] how to introduce TYPO3 parameters for markers

Franz Holzinger franz at fholzinger.com
Tue May 2 10:44:11 CEST 2006

Hello Ernesto,

>>> # options for hard-coded special features
>>> markers.marker1.opt1 = featureX
>

>>thanks but how does this help in my case?
>>I want to have 2 markers ###PRODUCT_IMAGE1### because the same image
>>shall be drawn here.
>>And for each marker with this same name I need different parameters.
>>I think it would not be helpful if the same image got different marker
>>names.
>

> If you have two markers with the same name but that might be used for
> different things, why not make two markers out of it? Maybe you could
> explain the use-case with an example a bit better so we can understand
> the problem.

I do not want to make 2 different markers out of it because this would
make it difficult for a user to configure it.
There exist already ###PRODUCT_IMAGE2### ... ###PRODUCT_IMAGE10###
markers. Each stands for an image number of a product.
It should be possible that ###PRODUCT_IMAGE1### is used e.g. 10 times
with 10 different sizes.

I think Stefan Geith's solution is fine. However instead of the suffix
'_S' something different should be used.

> ###PRODUCT_IMAGE1_S###

What about?

###PRODUCT_IMAGE1:S###
###PRODUCT_IMAGE1%S###