[TYPO3-dev] CGL unchecked library directory in extensions

Karsten Dambekalns karsten at typo3.org
Tue May 2 08:46:00 CEST 2006

Hi Ingo.

Ingo Renner wrote:
> To circumvent this I would like to introduce a directory in extensions
> called "3rdparty" which is not being checked for CGL compliance and naming
> errors.

Heh, I did not forget I already (sort of) promised you to implement
this... :)

> That directory could be used for storing those - like the name says - 3rd
> party classes and libraries. The reason why I wouldn't propose "lib" or
> something similar is that it is used by some extensions already and that
> these directories do not necessaryly contin 3rd party libraries.

Exactly that is what I am waiting for: a good name, not in common use,
clearly indicating what is in that path. Sadly I must admit that "3rdparty"
isn't my favourite, but... I'll implement whatever you guys think is nice.

In another discussion there was even the idea to make that folder
configurable from within ext_emconf.php - how about that?

> So what do you think about that - especially those who would need to
> implement it for the EM?

Still: Good idea.

Karsten