[TYPO3-dev] TER troubles again

derjoerg joerg at schoppet.de
Fri Jun 30 11:26:02 CEST 2006

Hi

Michael Scharkow wrote:

> I guess this is in part the failure of the community which seems to be
> less willing to actually help than in other software projects, but also
> (my guess) in part the fault of the TYPO3 leadership that is busy with
> planning and building crazy amounts of teams most of which never get the
> job done. If you read Kasper's article in the current t3n mag, you'll
> see my point. Robert proposed a team structure for typo3.org some time
> ago, with virtually no response. On the other hand, applications for
> teams are not processed because there are no responsibilities for that.
>

> Cheers,
> Michael

I can only agree to this. When Robert proposed the team structure I
directly providing help for the "Hosting" group, but NOBODY replied. So
what shall I do?

For other problem with the community I can only talk about myself and
there I have a lot of trouble to find the time for this (I really like
Typo3), BUT actually I have a working day of at least 10 hours + 2 hours
to drive to work and home. I have a girlfriend, which I want to marry
next year and two dogs.

The big luck I have is, that I can work primary on my work with typo3
(extension development), but the most time, because of funny project
deadlines :-( I even have no time to make lunch-breaks. And then, when I
came home, I think I would be killed, if I say "Hey honey, I will go on
the pc." !!

How did you all manage this private-work-community stuff?

regards

Joerg Schoppet

P.S.: The above mentioned things are essential, that I can not go to
t3dd06, although I would really like.