[TYPO3-dev] Easier user setup

Christopher bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Fri Jun 30 08:48:14 CEST 2006

Hiya,

On 6/29/06, Tapio Markula <tapio.markula at dnainternet.net> wrote:
> Christopher wrote:
> > Hi Tapio,
> >
> > On 6/29/06, Tapio Markula <tapio.markula at dnainternet.net> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi
> >>
> >> B. Kraft has been extend user setup with
> >> XCLASS in kb_skinselect.
> >>
> >> TCE for normal fields for page, tt_content etc.
> >> are easy build manual or kickstarter.
> >>
> >> User TS config fits for admin users.
> >> But much user config could be given for
> >> normal users.
> >> TypoScript is not the way, how this could be done.
> >>
> >> In order to implement that,
> >> there should be easy way to add new form fields
> >> without XCLASS and hooks new setup field like
> >> for tt_content.
> >

> > You should surf over to the typo3 hci newsgroup. A discussions about
> > ideas like this have come up that you might be interested in.
> >

> > -Christopher
>
> I didn't find just a discussion, which would be relevant to this but
> I can do this a new discussion there.
> hci needs to have  *close* relation with dev team because
> everything, which are discussed in that theam can be accomplished only
> by people in the core development team.
>
> BTW. Where comes 'hci' - 'i' means apprarently 'interface' but I don't
> figure what means 'h' and 'c'.

Well, there have been a couple of discussions related in a general
way. Anyway, it's probably the best place to discuss how the BE can be
improved (lots of interested people). HCI is "Human-Computer
Interaction" [1].

-Christopher

[1] http://www.google.com/search?q=hci
[1] http://www.google.com/search?q=hci