[TYPO3-dev] PNG transparency fix for MS IE

Tapio Markula tapio.markula at dnainternet.net
Wed Jun 28 22:45:39 CEST 2006

ben van 't ende [netcreators] wrote:

> Hi Tapio,
>
> The author is on holiday! He will get back to you I promise  ;-)  We
> have not actively uploaded new versions, but we will.

I looked the icon sets - quite covering. What about module icons
each icons could be unique. Endeed it is difficult to create very
descriptive module icons.

http://t3test.xetpoint.com/typo3/
tester + tester
you see existing situation - not uploaded yet.
Windows XP style images base primary
on IE6XP skin for Opera 8.x.

> I have I put up for download below. New icons for DAM are included as
> well. I don't know if this one fixes your problem, but I think so.

certainly, if all png must be handled.

> http://ben.vantende.net/fileadmin/skingreyman.t3x

I tested with the newer Js-file. Images didn't vanish but
PNG-transparency doesn't work because icons have white or gray backgroud
color (in my skin module icons don't have background color and
transparent areas should be seen as light gray, which is almost white).
I made the test referring directly module icons of skingreyman.
The base idea to put anywhere own module icons, for example
fileadmin/moduleicons_my_icons/
and define new CSS for them.

>>BTW. The page/file navigation tree frame *vertical*

I meaned horizontal but you did understood. Anyway very good idea and
really IMO really worth to implement into core.