[TYPO3-dev] record localization

Simon Tuck e-mailNO at SPAMeyejet.com
Wed Jun 28 15:03:06 CEST 2006

Nikolas Hagelstein wrote:
> Simon,
>
> ok, t3lib_pageSelect::getRecordOverlay is what i was looking for but

use: $GLOBALS['TSFE']->sys_page->getRecordOverlay(...)

> it has a big disadvantage:
>
> it dramatically raises the number of neccesary querys !
> Because it needs the "default" record beeing fetched before
> fireing an additional query for every record to fetch the
> language overlay. That is excatly what i want to avoid.
Yup, the method requires the original language record. Particularly if you are inheriting fields.

> IMHO it should be possible to fetch the "combined" record within one
> query....

That would be nice, but I haven't seen that anywhere.
FYI there is an article on typo3.org with a more detailed explanation of the localization framework:
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/extension-manuals/doc_l10nguide/1.0.0/view/1/3/

Cheers,
Simon