[TYPO3-dev] record localization

Franz Holzinger franz at fholzinger.com
Wed Jun 28 13:55:10 CEST 2006

Nikolas Hagelstein a écrit :
>>I prefer a solution to have a language overlay table where the first
>>table has all fields and the second only the texts and images to translate.
>
> ah ok, that is what i was thinking of first ..but i wasnt sure if this approach would
> integrate glueless to the typo3 localization approach. does it? Regarding backend editing
> and so on?
This does not make any problems if you want to edit the tables in the
backend. The only drawback is that you have an unused first record for
the default language in the language overlay table. Or you can remove
the texts and images completely from the original table.

Some TYPO3 localization tools and global language settings might not
work without an additional change in the code. However the localization
works fine on the language overlay table. And for smaller tables with
few fields it would be better to translate them via a translation file.
This is easier to handle for a translator than to enter a record in the
backend.
See the tt_products mailinglist topic 'Language implementation in
tt_products'

- Franz