[TYPO3-dev] BLOBs considered harmful

Dmitry Dulepov typo3 at accio.lv
Wed Jun 28 08:35:14 CEST 2006

Hi!

Michael Scharkow wrote:
> In the long run, all this should be handled internally in the ORM layer:
> We have the column definitions in TCA anyway, why not use that and drop
> tables.sql or tables.xml?

How are you going to process passthrough fields? They can be any type in
database.

I would vote for ADODB xml schema. I used it for a while in one project,
it really does nice things. However I foresee problems with
"multiplyDatabaseFileSize" (or how it was called?) - adodb xml schema is
not easy to modify on the fly. But it is not a problem: there is nothing
that we cannot solve in typo3 :D

Dmitry.