[TYPO3-dev] Indexed search response times and background indexing

Kluser, Andreas andreas.kluser at eds.com
Tue Jun 27 11:02:23 CEST 2006

We have following Problems with the indexed search

Following are the base figures for our website
*	Typo3 version 3.8
*	mySQL version 3.23.55
*	Hosted on Linux Servers
*	Approximately 15000 pages accross  4 hierarchical levels in 5
languages
*	1 content item per page,  text only, no external media or
attachments
*	Indexing is limited to content.

1st Problem: Indexing all pages
We have tried the extension SiteCrawler to index the pages for searching
but did not get it to work. Are there any other options to index all the
pages from the backend ?

2nd Problem: response times for searching
The response times for searching in the frontend are very slow. 30 to 60
seconds. Are there any ways to speed this up ?
We need only a very basic search for the content or even only  the page
title, but it should be faster than that.

Any help to solve these problems is appreciated.

Andreas Kluser
This electronic transmission is strictly confidential and intended
solely for the addressee. It may contain information which is covered by
legal, professional or other privilege. If you are not the intended
addressee, you must not disclose, copy or take any action in reliance of
this transmission. If you have received this transmission in error,
please notify the sender as soon as possible.