[TYPO3-dev] Add header data for extensions

Tapio Markula tapio.markula at dnainternet.net
Tue Jun 27 09:37:54 CEST 2006

Peter Russ wrote:
> Tapio Markula schrieb:
> [...]
>

>>> Add a little group switch and it should work as you expect.
>>

>> Where and how to add that so that it could work reliable.
>>
>> $TBE_STYLES['stylesheet2'] (or other BE stylesheets) can't be set
>> user/user group level in ext_tables.php.
>>
>> TS Config options don't work reliable in class.ux_template.php - as I
>> wrote in another topic.
>> function startPage() in template.php
>> writes the HEAD part of BE HTML-files.
>> I tried to rewrite only function docStyle()
>> - doesn't work for all pages.
>

> Just create a plain extension and add that in ext_tables.php. Ref to
> several skin extensions ;-)
>
> Regs. Peter.

Well the problem is that in ext_tables.php is not available
data, which relates with TS Config for users/user groups
and Masi wrote that it is not possible to create user/user group based
control in ext_tables.php. He proposed to XCLASS template.php - which
didn't work properly.

In ext_tables.php can be used only feature enable options based
alternatives, which I have done already.

I know that also some other skins (like Greyman skin for TYPO3 3.8.0)
have feature enable options but this not, what I'm searching for.

I just tried to create a mechanism to override them for TS Config
for users/ user groups.
I succeed to get possibility for users/user groups to use/create an
alternative module icon set just redefining function
mIconFilename($Ifilename,$backPath) (original is in
class.alt_menu_functions.inc).

Altering the CSS of skin could be lighter way that switching the
entire skin. If skins uses some XCLASS switching is problematic.
For example skingreyman and skin_grey_2 with an enable option enabled
are incompatible.

I don't know how kb_skinselect of B. Kraft works - no documentation.
If it could change the skin, it would be problematic to use.

The problem is that if skins remain installed, there is huge quantity
of skin related CSS-files defined in ext_tables.php.
All unnecessary CSS-files should be disabled - like I did
in a XCLASS for template.php - but that solution worked just
partially, as I have explained. I should edit the template.php itself
in order to get it work everywhere, which I'm not willigly to do.
I can't offer that kind of solution in a public plugin.