[TYPO3-dev] cc_awstats utf-8 trouble

Andrea Giorgini a.giorgini at norvlit.de
Mon Jun 26 13:12:46 CEST 2006

Matyi Gábor wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I installed the cc_awstats module to my typo3 webpage.
>
> In my root template is set the hungarian language and utf-8
>
> config.htmlTag_langKey = hu
> config.language = hu
> config.locale_all = hu_HU
> config.metaCharset= utf-8
>
> My problem, that the hungarian text in awstats appear as a iso-8859-2 text,
> therefore on my web page all hungarian axxent appear wrong.
>
> In the language files I changed the iso-8859-2 to utf-8 but this don't
> solve this problem.
>
> My ask, how can I change the default iso-8859-2 to utf-8 in the cc_awstats
> module?
>
> Please help me anybody
>
> Thanks Gabor Matyi

Hi Gabor,

please take a look inside EXT:/awstats/awstats.conf about line 178 you
should find:

# Plugin: DecodeUTFKeys
# Perl modules required: Encode and URI::Escape
# Allow AWStats to show correctly (in language charset) keywords/keyphrases
# strings even if they were UTF8 coded by the referer search engine.
#
#LoadPlugin="decodeutfke

this could be your solution...
Best regards,