[TYPO3-dev] Speeded up TYPO3 by 500% :)

Simon Child news0503 at srchild.com
Sun Jun 25 11:54:15 CEST 2006

"Bernhard Kraft" <kraftb at kraftb.at> wrote in message
news:mailman.1.1151172854.16236.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...

> BTW: could you enlighten me why to use simulateStatic and not realurl ?
> for both the
> server requirements (modRewrite) are the same.

simulateStatic, if used with alias field, gives very nice meaningful and
short memorable (/no/extra/parts/to/the/url/) URLs, and is very simple to
configure. So add my vote for making that work as well please :)

And particularly if it is combined with using a rootline menu to indicate
position within the site the visitor gets all the navigation orientation
they need.

--
Simon Child