[TYPO3-dev] Docs for attributes of classes

Christian Lerrahn typo3 at penpal4u.net
Sun Jun 25 01:37:09 CEST 2006

On Fri, 23 Jun 2006 18:49:52 -0700
Christopher <bedlamhotel at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 6/23/06, Christian Lerrahn <typo3 at penpal4u.net> wrote:
> > On Fri, 23 Jun 2006 08:51:50 -0700
> > Christopher <bedlamhotel at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Did you try TYPO3.org? The 'API' link [1], [2] is very prominently
> > > placed under the 'Documentation' menu. There is also a real gem
> > > of an extension [3] that provides nice documentation directly
> > > from the BE of whatever site it's installed on.
> >
> > Yes, I've tried those. However, at least I couldn't find what I was
> > looking for. The API docs are vast but I think they mix in too much
> > knowledge about the core itself. The info I am looking for seems to
> > be lacking on the other hand. I might have to read code to find out
> > about everything, I guess.
>
> Read code? Have you even looked at the dynamically generated API or
> the docs the ext dev evaluator gives you? Pure text...

I have looked at that and you're right that you find a lot of info
there. However, a lot of info is also missing. For one example check
the docs for the class t3lib_htmlmail. There's no more than the
function names in the docs. As long as you don't read code, you're not
able to use that class.
The same with many of these little properties which I still haven't
found listed anywhere outside the code.

Cheers,
Christian