[TYPO3-dev] It works! Storing non-UNIX dates

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Fri Jun 23 14:21:04 CEST 2006

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] schrieb:

> I took a look and I think we could implement something like that in
> TYPO3 core directly and would like to rise my interest in getting this
> done with your help, David. This has been requested several times now,
> and even I have stumbled over the problem yesterday.
>
> Before I discuss this with the core, I would like some more input from
> this list.
>
> Here's a first list of basic facts, ideas, limitations, brainstorming:
>
> AdoDB time functions are very straightforward [1]. They provide working
> replacements for PHP native "unixtime" based time functions:

I'd go for Julian dates. The PHP calendar extension can deal with it, but a
PHP implementation may be used as a fallback *

Julian date are also numbers, but cover AFAIK a much wider range (much
before 1900 and I think well beyond 2038).

Anyway I would suggest NOT to use the awkward API set of PHP "borrowed"
from the Unix C-API.

Masi

* I've written once a PHP implemenation, but it is probably lost in time.