[TYPO3-dev] Alternative icons

Tapio Markula tapio.markula at dnainternet.net
Tue Jun 20 13:52:17 CEST 2006

Martin Kutschker wrote:

> What's the difference between "hide" and "x". Do you mean the flag "x"?
> This means unknown flag and may only be used alone (so it's position
> makes no difference).

ok - but I'm not sure what you are going to use as a symbol of 'x'
in the t3skin it seems to be a bigger version of 'h'

> What happens if you have "user" and "clock"?

in the current version of skin_grey_2 clock is above but the size
of the clock doesn't cover the user totally. Clock is
7x7 image and user is 9x10

It is impossible to get excellent icons to this size but I have tried
to keep the base icon readable.
if you put t,f,u,h and p as *separate* subicons the base icon
(pages.gif) can't be seen!

'p' as double arrow takes space - indeed it is only for pages,
when putting it to top-left of icon 'pages' makes is working.
If 'p' has been used elsewhere, the situation would be worse.
You could know, what record type the 'p' relates because you could't see
the base icon!

if you put t,f,x and u separate only the top-left corner is free.
I mean for example this kind of positioning
top-left: free
top-right: f or t
bottom-left: u and h
bottom-right: f or t

Maybe I should put my proposal into a document.
This is not so simple.