[TYPO3-dev] Alternative icons

Tapio Markula tapio.markula at dnainternet.net
Tue Jun 20 10:09:15 CEST 2006

Martin Kutschker wrote:
> Andreas Balzer schrieb:
>

>> is there any documentation on this? I'm creating the icons for
>> "calendar base" and i'm ainterested in these file names.
>

> I don't know. I found the stuff in t3lib_iconworks.
>
> Note to Tapio. As I read the code it is broken in regards to skinning.
> It always uses the default skin for creating new icons and some other
> stuff (eg WS icons). I'm currently trying to fix that.
>
> Masi

Yes, I know. I made them without any automation.
I would like to discuss, what could be the resonable system.
I have used following
User - on the bottom left corner a little bit bigger than clock
clock - on the bottom left corner red/green border depending on situation
hide - on the bottom right corner
x - on the bottom right cornet (resembles hide but use bigger sub-icon)
p - on top left

Because 'p' takes much space the top area is quite open.
The top area is always quite open in order to figure what the base icon
is. The disadvantage is that bottom left corner is sometimes quite full.

Before you make new code, lets think first, how to make it.
Especially clock icons must think thoroughly.

The problem of documentatation is that the TSRef explain just *partial*
the meaning of 'h' etc. - it was *extremely annoying* to find that it
doesn't explain all. I must guess, what 'f' means and I figured only
from the context, what is the usage of 'f'.

clock - on the