[TYPO3-dev] bugs.typo3.org

Ingmar Schlecht ingmar at typo3.org
Fri Jun 16 20:38:01 CEST 2006

Hi Andreas,

Andreas Balzer schrieb:
> First of all: all of you have done an amazing cms! TYPO3 is the best i
> know. BUT, it could be even better i think :). There are hundreds of
> unassigned and unsolved bugs on bugs.typo3.org. Wouldn't it make sense
> to try to solve those bugs before T3 4.5 is getting real? I mean 5.0
> stands for an improved core, but it would take to much time to wait a
> year again, until the bugs of even 3.8.X are solved.

Good point, the number of reported bugs is really huge.

However, the bugs shouldn't hold ourselves back from starting to develop
the next big thing, TYPO3 5.0.

I think the TYPO3 community is big enough to continue the development in
two branches:
    4.x branch where only bugs are solved and minor features implemented
    5.x branch where a radically new architecture is created

At the moment, the base for this coexistance is already granted by the
differentiation between "core-team" and "R&D committee". The core-team
is the one that maintains the 4.x stuff and the R&D-committee fosters
the 5.0 development.

cheers
Ingmar