[TYPO3-dev] Awful module icons

Ries van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Thu Jun 15 14:18:50 CEST 2006

> Hi
>
> Most module icons look really awful - amateur.
> Let's try more professional icons.
>
> I made a proposal based primary on icons for Opera 8.x
> using as the base skin 'Win Vista'.
>
> http://my.opera.com/community/customize/skins/
>
> BUT the problem is that extension developers make awfull looking module
> icons and spoil the BE interface. Let's try do more professional
> work - icons are small but they give impression of of the whole thing.
>
> http://t3test.xetpoint.com/media/development/new_moduleicons.png
>
> Note. If you want to give feedback, please made it
> in the design group. This issue is in this groups because
> author of existing and new extensions should make nice icons
> - especially the default icon is really ackward

Hey Tapio,

all extensions starting RVT_ or LTG_ are extensions written by me or my
team.

However, we are horrible graphic designers... I mean truly horrible, red
and pink dots on a black
background  (blue looks good to) is considered by us as beautifully, I
think we are sitting to long behind our
screen and eclipse.....

However, if you see or have any beautiful icons, or maby you want to
make them for us
please send them to me asap and I will update the extensions with brand
new fresh and
good looking icons.

Cheers,
Ries

PS: thank you for the constructive commend.....