[TYPO3-dev] TCA, wsitch the look of a field but using the same field name

Jochen Rieger j.rieger at connecta.ag
Sat Jun 3 16:16:05 CEST 2006

Hi Ries,

> I don't want to bloat my record with many many fields I hardly use and
> like to re-use the field content
> under different conditions.

yup, I understand you. But I think this is a problem of TCA
configuration where it is not possible to have altering settings for ONE
field. For cases like yours we would need a "switchable" configuration
for that one field with a condition to be definable for this switch.

Or just add many many fields that don't get used very often. I don't
think that is a big problem... have a look at tt_content. There are many
many fields that don't get used in the majority of its records.

Greets,
Jochen