[TYPO3-dev] TCA date without timezone concideration?

Ries van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Thu Jun 1 17:50:17 CEST 2006

Hey all,

I insert a date like this while converting data form a other database
into a:
    $lastVisitDate = mktime(0, 0, 0,
$review['en']['DateMonthLastVisit'], $review['en']['DateDayLastVisit'],
$review['en']['DateYearLastVisit']);

If the valued for de dates are set to:
day : 20
Month: 7
Year:2005

Then in the backend this is changed to: 2005-7-19.
My computers TZ and my servers TZ is both set th GMT-5.

Can I specify to typo3 into my TCA to handle some dates without timezone
concideration?

I am in the above case not interesed when a event happend exacly (12 at
night), but when a event happend locally.
This means 20-7-2006 is for everybody around the globe the same date.
Also for BE editors and I can't have TZ conciderations.

BTW: I can temporarly solve it like this:
    $lastVisitDate = mktime(12, 0, 0,
$review['en']['DateMonthLastVisit'], $review['en']['DateDayLastVisit'],
$review['en']['DateYearLastVisit']);
By simply adding 12 hours to the date... But I don't fine that a
satisfying solution.

Ries

--
Ries van Twisk