[TYPO3-dev] RFC as tool to concept branch 5.x

Thu Jun 1 12:10:43 CEST 2006

Michael Scharkow wrote:
> Elmar Hinz wrote:
>
>> I miss in your concept:
>>
>> * automaic versioning
>> * automatic HTML display
>> * automatic PDF generation
>> * example code easy to run as extension
>> * sql tables and data
>> * posibility to ship attachments like UML bundled with the RFC
>> * indexing and search
>
> Sorry people, but wasn't the sole purpose of RFCs (and I mean *our*
> definition of it) to just have a structured approach to present ideas.
> This whole discussion drifts into the worst kind of JAVAesque spec
> fetishism where you have to write 200 pages of spec before writing one

Hi Michael,

you seem to be scared by this long list. But you didn't hit the point this
time. It's is not a list of things that we *have* to do, but a list of list
of what we *dont't* need do, because it is done automatically for us by the
software we have already at hand. It a list of services that could make
live very easy for us.

With versioning it provides the flexiblility to support concepts of rapid
developmet quite in the sense of Python Enhancement Proposals (PEP). But it
has the advantage that we don't need to set up a completly new
infrastracture and can work with tools we are accustomed to.

Regards

Elmar