[TYPO3-dev] RealStatic HTML Files idea

Benjamin Mack bmack at kirix.com
Mon Jul 31 21:12:14 CEST 2006

Hey Bernhard,

Bernhard Kraft wrote:
> And what are you serving when now a logged in FE-Users comes along ? The
> same content as for normal users ? This is against the deafult behaviour
> of T3 :(

Yes, this is a problem indeed. maybe the whole static-file-caching is
not possible when using FE-users then. Because a cached page for every
single fe-user doesnot make a lot of sense ;-).

> And what if someone has set start/stop times for other pages ? You will still
> serve the old file when already some different should be available at a special
> time set via the start/stop fields of pages/tt_content :(

Bah, again, a nasty situation. This is a very hard one to work on.

> I already started working on a modified version of mod_rewrite which should be able to handle
> cookies (FE/BE-Users) and Expire-Timestamps of pages - It will take much work to implement that
> TS conditions work. (Think of a case where you switched the css with an [browser = msie] condition.)
> Different browser will generate different versions for the same path:
> /company/about_us/

You're writing a modified version of mod_rewrite - the apache module?
Sounds crazy. ;-)

> To sum the problems :( in generating static pages:
>
> * Page expire times
> * FE-Users
> * Conditions

That's right, with the conditions you would need to keep the extension /
module consistent with the features TypoScript offers.

Another thing would be (in regarding the both approaches) -- what is the
performance benefit of static files from your module... I'll check this
soon.

greetings,
benni.
-SDG-