[TYPO3-dev] RealStatic HTML Files idea

Benjamin Mack bmack at kirix.com
Mon Jul 31 21:02:39 CEST 2006

Hey,

actually, I thought of static output the second I started using TYPO3
three years ago. So I know that there are a lot of people that think
"Hey, we need something like this". Also, with my post I wanted to
gather thoughts about this topic, not tell everybody "Hey, what about
this awesome idea to make static HTML files".

But since then really -nobody- came up with a good solution for it, I
thought I'd give it a try in conjunction with RealURL, and for having
this *additionally* to the installed typo3 on the same server, not as an
export function (which would be optional). I know it is only for static
pages, but a lot of the websites I created with TYPO3 don't have
banners, counters etc. and for Typo3 as a good CMS, this option would be
nice in an extension that works out of the box.

Also, as I originally stated, it only would improve the performance for
complete static files (the PDF from Matthew is not really). I just
wanted to tell that now with RealURL and the caching-to-files  -
possibility (and the publish-idea, which is in the early stages right
now) it is easy to hook in there. So maybe with united forces there is a
way to create something that is good.

greetings,
benni.
-SDG-