[TYPO3-dev] stable = documented ?

Ingo Renner typo3 at ingo-renner.com
Tue Jul 25 23:32:48 CEST 2006

On 25.07.2006 09:37, Stefan Geith wrote:

>> for me the existance of ext_typoscript_setup.txt and
>> ext_typoscript_constants.txt are alarm bells for an outdated extensions.
>
> WHY shouldn't Extensions contain TS templates ?
> I think mostly every extension needs some _minimum_ TS
> configuration; and I think the place for this
> would be ext_typoscript_setup.txt - Am I wrong ?

The problem with these two files is that they get included
automatically. That might be wanted but also causes some problems.
For example you can not influence in which order they get included and
this made me go crazy one time already as I wanted to use/change values
of a different extension.

>> static/pi1/setup.txt
>> static/pi1/constants.txt

This is the way to go and also the way kickstarter creates TS files now.

cheers
Ingo