[TYPO3-dev] ext_typoscript_setup.txt

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Tue Jul 25 19:21:25 CEST 2006

Tapio Markula schrieb am 25.07.2006 19:00:

>> Maybe you could try to explain it?
>
> it is possible to define for any plugin basic configuration,
> when you install a plugin.

Who defines the basic configuration? Who defines which configuration
options are available? Where?

> You can give possibities for enable options.

Who? The extension developer? The admin? The user?

> Typo3 use the term 'Enable features'.

Never heard of "Enable features".

> Maybe a little bit different words confused you.

Maybe..

> With (feature) enable options you can put a swicth for example define
> required TS inside ext_localconf.php *or* use an external TS File and
> install required TS file later for only some branch using 'Include
> static templates (from extensions):' (in this case the switch must be
> both in ext_localconf.php and ext_tables.php).

Isn't this just what ext_conf_template.txt already provides? Could you
try to explain the difference?

> I put those alternatives for 'tm_contentaccess'.

You put which alternatives where?

> In principle by 'Enable features' you can always define such
> options, that it is not necessary to read any documentation and users
> can get the plugin working just installing it and resetting some
> values, which can be found from the basic configuration of the plugin.
> It would be nice, if default values would work always, when installing
> the plugin works plug-and-play.

Ok, this sounds great, but I can't understand why you need your
extension to do that? Isn't that possible with "pure" TYPO3 already?

> But that is not always possible. What often are problematic, are uid for
> page(s) and path informations. An example of path could be desirable.

So this problem is solved by your extension? How? What does the
extension author has to do to use these features? Wouldn't that be
better implemented in the CORE if you want to get extension developers
to use the new functionality?

> BTW. I tried to use
> $constants= t3lib_extMgm::extPath($_EXTKEY) .'pi1/static/constants.txt';
> $constants= " ".include($constants)." ";

> t3lib_extMgm::addTypoScriptConstants($constants);
> but I got error messages, for example
> main(/home/httpd/vhosts/t3test.xetpoint.com/httpdocs/typo3conf/ext/tm_contentaccess/pi1/static/constants.txt
> ): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
>
> The file exits.
> I must just put the TS directly.

You cannot use include() concatenated with strings. Use proper API calls
to get the contents of a file, like t3lib_div::getURL().

Cheers,
Ernesto