[TYPO3-dev] ext_typoscript_setup.txt

Tapio Markula tapio.markula at dnainternet.net
Tue Jul 25 18:01:02 CEST 2006

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] wrote:

> True in some way, but still frustrating for the first time user. I don't
> think one should need to read much documentation to set up a small site
> with news on it.

And I'm a little bit frustrating concerning the issue, that people seems
not to understand enable options. With clear enable options plugins
could setup easily without reading any manual. Endeed enable options has
some problems:

* if there is need to define uid of a page, there is no a way to select
page using page browser
* if needed to select from some exact values, there seems not to be the
possibility to use SELECT-elements

BTW. I read Core api - many issues are poorly documented or not
documented at all - especially many ext_localconf.php related functions.
I did't find cocumentation for example what is the task of 'addPItoST43'.