[TYPO3-dev] securing the DB for FE access

Dmitry Dulepov typo3 at accio.lv
Fri Jul 21 09:51:35 CEST 2006

Hi!

Martin Kutschker wrote:
> Currently TYPO3 uses per default one DB user. But there are three roles:
> FE, BE, BE-Admin.

(rest is skipped)

Well, I would say that current solution is ok for me. If three separate
users will be required, I will have problems with my web control panel
because it allows only one user per database.

Theoretically your proposal may lead to a more secure system but only
theoretically. I do not see immediate practical benefits. Even if we
require three new users, this will not gives us anything in return. Do
you understand what I mean? By using .htaccess and "Require" you can get
actual visible result. By just requesting three users with different db
rights - I doubt.

What I see is the problem - how do you connect to BE during login? What
account will you use?

Sorry but I think we have more important things to do.

Dmitry.