[TYPO3-dev] proposal to make workspaces an extension

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Wed Jul 19 14:09:29 CEST 2006

Martin Kutschker schrieb:
> Hi!
>
> Versioning is part of the Core but the UI is optional (as an extension).
> It should IMHO be the same for WSs. So if you don't need it, then you
> simply don't load.

The clue is that WS are built-in but rely on the theoretically optional
extension "versioning".

As I see it both features are technically built-into the Core. So
"versioning" provides only a (simple) UI. Therefore it should be the same
for workspaces. You cannot avoid them in the internals, but the loading of
the interface should be disabled if unwanted.

Masi