[TYPO3-dev] TS Editor + Structure/Syntax Highlighning + Code completion

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Wed Jul 19 11:53:11 CEST 2006

Bernhard Kraft schrieb am 19.07.2006 10:53:

> But the fixed version is already online (I hope I didn't make any quick mistakes).

Will try it asap, thanks!

>> (...)
>> Then I add a new line "no_cache = 1" in this config section and press
>> ENTER. No classes are set, and it doesn't seem to do anything. After
>> saving and retrieving, the classes are ok.

> After saving and retrieving a check is made in all cases - but the on the fly check get's only performed
> if my "own" rtehtmlarea plugin becomes active.
>
> I didn't find a way how it would be possible to extend rtehtmlarea (...)
> I will try to contact Stanislas Roland to see if he will incorporate my patch into his extenion - then it should
> work with any rtehtmlarea from this point on flawlessly.

Yes, this would be great! Contact Stanislas, I'm sure he will be willing
to help.

>> Other problem: I just see UNDO, REDO and ABOUT in the toolbar. Neither
>> the button for auto-completion, nor the button to force
>> background-verification. As far as I know I have configured RTE to
>> display all buttons. Any new configuration that is required here?
>
> This is mostly caused because rtehtmlarea couldn't get extended via XCLASSes or is already extended
> by another extension.
>
> Have a look at my ext_localconf.php

Well, it is being extended, I see the correct XCLASS in the
Tools>Configuration>$TYPO3_CONF_VARS, but its not working. And your
class is being called, because if I echo something at the start of
kb_tsedit_htmlarea/class.ux_tx_rtehtmlarea_base.php:drawRTE(), it will
get printed when loading the TS-RTE.

>> This is interesting, and we should try to make a way for extensions also
>> provide snippets for this array (e.g. in case of userFunc that also take
>> parameters). This basis TSref array should definitively go into core, as
>> this is where it would belong.
>
> I tought about giving the possibility to add array like used in the extension
> to the ext_localconf/ext_tables.php of an extension and let it get dynamically
> added to the array when a specific .userFunc/USER, PHP_SCRIPT get's executed.
>
> But all extension authors wanting to have their syntax verified have to create
> those arrays.

That's definitively a must if we want to do semantic checks on TS. If
the author provides a validational array, our code will be able to check
it, if not, this part should just be skipped/ignored.

>> Maybe this should/could be coupled with an automatic generation of TSref
>> documentation, so that the developer just have to code and then
>> "document" the parameters in such an array. I think this has been
>> discussed before, but this might be the first great step towards it.
>
> This is indeed a nice idea - A self generating TS-Ref - of course with everything
> possible hyperlinked :) Cause this is what the array does - it recurses over itself
> until it finds if a object-path is valid or not.

Yes, that would be really nice indeed.

>> And at last, a feature request of something that always bothered me:
>> Would it be possible to add a way to SAVE the current TS-code without
>> having to submit the FORM (maybe by using ajax?), so that the cursor is
>> left at the current position? That would be amazingly great! ;)
>
> Currently the form doesn't get saved by explicit code when it get's just transmitted
> for verification - this way I want to avoid that a TS-template is in some "half" state -
> so only get's saved when the user/admin wants it.

I mean a separate button to let the author explicitly SAVE the current
TS-code to the current record (not just validate it). This should not
happen onthefly, but on-request. Possible?

Cheers,
Ernesto