[TYPO3-dev] Naming conventions

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Wed Jul 19 10:02:15 CEST 2006

Hi Martin,

> alt is probably short for alternative. The current interface is the
> successor of another one (old, I have never seen it).

Yes this is the "alternative" backend. The original backend is known as the
"classic" backend and was used until TYPO3 3.5.0 (I think the beta versions
still contained the old BE while the final version used the new one).

You can find some screenshots of it in the Golive tutorial:
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/tutorials/doc_tut_n1/current/view/

- michael

PS: This hardcore-javascript-monster was probably the first
"AJAX"-application (more or less) in the world :-)
--
Use a newsreader! Check out