[TYPO3-dev] Jedit Typoscript plugin released

Enno Gorke enno at headrotation.com
Tue Jul 18 22:17:45 CEST 2006

Hi Chris.

Christoph Köpernick schrieb:
> Very nice plugin, saves a lot of time! But I think there is some missing
> support for UTF-8. My typo3 installation is set to UTF-8 (install tool)
> and I´ve set character encoding in Jedit in Buffer Options and Global
> Options to UTF-8, too. But special characters like German Umlaute are
> not shown correctly. Didn´t I configure Jedit correctly? Is there a
> solution? Thanks a lot.
>
> Kind regards, Chris

I remember having email conversation with Neil about this topic which
affected me too. Seems to be a Windows Problem, since Neil couldn't find
anything on linux.

Anyways if you keep looking for the "utf8_encode" and -"decode"
functions in the sourcecode you'll find the culprit.

Here's what I wrote to Neil about my solution:
 > Seems like there is one utf8_encode too much in the "getSetup"
Method, > line 93:
 > XMLRPC_response(XMLRPC_prepare(utf8_encode($template['config'])));

Hope it helps,
Greets,
Enno