[TYPO3-dev] new extension: vx_xajax_shoutbox

Tue Jul 18 13:49:31 CEST 2006

Thomas Mammitzsch wrote:
>> <http://typo3.org/typo3temp/tx_terfe/t3xcontentcache/v/x/vx_xajax_shoutbox-0.0.1-pi1__static__setup__txt>
>>
>> ** I guess it should be a USER_IN object:
>>
> it was USER_INT in the first time. But i'm not sure why not to cache
> this one. JavaScript is doing his job and it seemed to work out...

Interesting point. How does it come that you can do dynamic requests to a
static cached page?

One theory:

The first call of the whole page always delivers the same result and can be
cached. For this USER is o.k.

But what about the dynamic requests by xajax? They come with a special
xajax parameter. So another version of the page is build. Before it can be
cached xajax sends the response xhtml directly to the browser and exits.
Right before the page gets the chance to be cached. So USER doesn't matter
here.

Regards