[TYPO3-dev] Language labels for template records

Tapio Markula tapio.markula at dnainternet.net
Wed Jul 12 20:55:34 CEST 2006

Tapio Markula wrote:
> Hi
>
> Templates don't have multilingual language labels and
> English labels are not very good - some issues have been written quite
> unclear, for example "Include static AFTER basedOn"

The problem here is that 'basedOn' doesn't tell me nothing -
the same concerns certainly other developers.

Kasper himself certainly knows what it means.

I have newer understand that option and never used it.

'basedOn' - I can't know where it relates with.

When looking TCA I understood it - but it is ackward
if developer must look from TCA-setting in order to
understand, what labels means!

After looking TCA I put

"template_basedOn" => "Include basis template (field 'basedOn'):",
         "template_includeStaticAfterBasedOn" => "Include static
templates AFTER basis templates (field 'basedOn', which will be defined
later in this form):",

now people can know, what *AFTER* refers.

If you put field name in one place, you must put it also the another
place in order get *consitent reference*!!!

Or just

"template_basedOn" => "Include basis template:",

         "template_includeStaticAfterBasedOn" => "Include static
templates AFTER basis templates (those will be defined later in this
form):",

maybe just

         "template_includeStaticAfterBasedOn" => "Include static
templates AFTER basis templates (those will be defined later in this
form):",

Kasper has made origninally Typo3 for himself - and nobody has fixed
languagelabels, which are fully understandable only for Kasper himself
or other core people.