[TYPO3-dev] DB app builder

Tim Wentzlau tim.wentzlau at auxilior.com
Wed Jul 12 15:15:53 CEST 2006

Hi list

I have released a new extension DB App Builder (auxdataviewer) that
extents the kickstarter with the possibilities to define data views as
db grids and forms. The defined views are rendered with a FE plug-in
Data Viewer (a part of the extension). Grids could have master/slave
relations as known from languages like Delphi, VB .Net.

My design goals have been to build a RAD tool that makes it easy and
fast create DB applications in T3 without being forced to code in PHP
every time. But allow for extension of functionality by coding PHP.

I first made the extension as proof of concept and in this first release
I have separated the code into classes but the extension could certainly
benefit from further refactoring I my self have spotted several patterns.

I release the extension now in order to get input from the community
before i continue the development. Especially I would like to know how
my work fit with other projects that are in progress or planned.

Tim