[TYPO3-dev] UTF8 problem when parsing XML data...

Oliver Wand wand at itaw.de
Tue Jul 11 22:21:28 CEST 2006

Dear all,

I´m not sure if something similar was asked before :-)

I´m currently working on an extension which parses an XML document. All
functionalities are working just fine, but I just discovered some issues
with UTF-8.

e.g. the XML file contains "Comércio", when given to $content TYPO
puts "Comércio" out.

The xml file as well as the DB and BE are set to UTF-8. I can´t change
the edits of the xml file, this is delivered as is.

Can anyone provide me with some hints how to solve this? :-)

TIA,

Oliver