[TYPO3-dev] Eclipse, phpEclipse, DBG and Typo3?

Mon Jul 10 23:30:53 CEST 2006

Sven Wilhelm wrote:
> it's a question how you use Eclipse. During writing code it's just a
> click to "fullscreen" the editor. The biggest mistake you can do with

That is one of the points. You click. You move your hand 20 cm to the
mouse, click, move your hand 20 cm back, only to get full usage of your
monitor. They do not offer a shortcut, how to do this easily. Those things
.... Eclipse needs a usibilty project.

> Eclipse is NOT to customize your perspective.
>
> Normally helpful views are navigator/package explorer, outline and maybe
> error. Tasks view is only helpful if anyone uses this special formatted
> comments. And if you minimize the bottom frame (where tasks and error
> views are located default), you have "enough" space.
>
> Easy to tell from a display with 1400px (I won't go back to a smaller
> one :)

I have a "double head", two monitors connected to one PC. I did not found a
way to move a windows out of the the outer frame of eclipse. So I am still
a prisoner of one Monitor.

Regards

Elmar