[TYPO3-dev] Hook proposal for alt_doc.php

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at kraftb.at
Mon Jul 10 18:24:36 CEST 2006

David Bruehlmeier wrote:

> a) using the proposed hook in alt_doc.php which would enable me to avoid
> TCE-main completely
> b) get another option in TCE-main (maybe a hook earlier on?) to exit
> "clean" without risking to produce "dead" records or files.

Well ... but tce_main get's not only used by alt_doc.php - this is just one place
where it is used.

Many BE Extension developers use tcemain for processing records - so it would be
better to fix this directly with another hook in tcemain - or possibly by modifying
the existing "preProcessFieldArray" hook in such a way that it is possible to stop
processing of the current record cleanly....

greets,
Bernhard
"Freiheit ist immer auch die Freiheit des Andersdenkenden"
Rosa Luxemburg, 1871 - 1919