[TYPO3-dev] Informations about the best way to replace a function in a class

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Mon Jul 10 11:44:30 CEST 2006

Pierre Rouwens wrote:

> I need to replace a function in tslib_BEfunc. What is the best way to
> achieve it ? i know using xclass is bad ? but what can i do else ?
> I'm starting an extension where i can configure stuff to work with the
> workspace, and i'm trying to understand the whole system.

I suppose you mean t3lib_BEfunc. Of course XCLASSes are generally a bad idea
(see other discussions) but even more in case of this class it will not
work.

The reason is that most parts (if not all) of t3lib_BEfunc are
class-functions which are called (::) without instanciating the class
object (which is required to use XCLASSes).

- michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out